- Eco Driver training Simulators are ideal for fleet or in house driver training. Can easily be incorporated into a team building exercise.
- Fantastic footfall generators at exhibitions.
- Unique breakout entertainment for seminars and conference.
- Presents key techniques that are easily remembered, that will result in safer driving benefits and savings through fuel and service costs in your organization.
Eco Driving offers real benefits for drivers their passengers and fleet operators: Greater comfort, fewer accidents and of course significant cost savings. Adopting Eco driving techniques can easily reduce fuel consumption by 10%.
Basic Eco Driving Tips:
1 - Shift up as soon as possible Shift up between 2.000 and 2.500 revolutions.
2 - Maintain a steady speed Use the highest gear possible and drive with low engine RPM
3 - Anticipate traffic flow Look ahead as far as possible and anticipate to surrounding traffic
4 - Decelerate Smoothly When you have to slow down or to stop, decelerate smoothly by releasing the accelerator in time, leaving the car in gear
5 - Check the tyre pressure frequently 25% too low tyre pressure increases rolling resistance by 10% and your fuel consumption by 2%.
The Simulator software - The full three part exercise is designed to encourage the adoption of eco driving techniques through understanding of the principles and execution of the necessary skills, ultimately showing the savings and benefits in a comparative results display. However, the system can be effectively utilised as a short taster experience focusing on the basic skills in as little as 3 minutes.
Driver`s results - At the end of each session, the driver`s results are displayed in the form of a summary:
- Overall skill rating score compared to a default average driver.
- Average Speed.
- Average fuel consumption.
- Total Time.
- Total Distance covered.
Incorporating Logitech`s excellent G25 steering and 3 way foot pedal controls, the system is mounted on a bespoke tubular alloy chassis and platform, with Recaro driving seat. The simulation is viewed via a stunning Samsung 23” HD flat screen mounted in front of the driving console. This can also be modified to incorporate a three screen wrap around view where required.
The Three part exercise:
1. Opening or ‘0 Measurement’ - Evaluation of your current driving style according to fuel consumption, speed, average RPM and use of gears. This data will be used to determine your eco driving score. During this exercise, the Virtual Instructor will only give you directions and inform you of traffic violations.
2. Practice Exercise - During this exercise you can practice eco driving. The Virtual Instructor will advise on when to change gear and how fast to drive.
3. Examination - During this assessed exercise you will be asked to drive in an eco driving style, without help from the Virtual Instructor. At the end of the exercise, your results will be compared with results from your 0 measurement. From this measurement it will be clear how much time and fuel you will save when you adopt Eco Driving Techniques.